Thursday, April 17, 2008

ROAD TRIP

For the sake of procrastinating the real world, my best friend and I applied for a grant from roadtripnation.com to travel around this summer in his car and interview gnarly people about the choices they've made in life. Warren Buffett, Angela Davis and C. Ray Nagin, the Mayor of New Orleans are on our list, but now that we received the grant (wahoo!) we have the possibility of interviewing anyone. We will be making cold calls later this week (my list is now full of influential feminists and rocking women who've stood up against the man). Our roadtrip will be 4 months long, yes 4 months in a tent or the back of Kenny's car. Our only rules are 1.) To only eat at local places. 2.) To read local papers (so we know whats going on in the area) 3.) to have spontaneous interviews with everyone.
The whole adventure will be documented on our blog through roadtrip nation, but I will also continue to blog here on my own feminist perspective of what I am seeing. We will be traveling the whole country (and parts of Canada and Mexico), to understand American culture and where we fit into this big ol' place. I am so excited to have this opportunity, and can not wait to meet people out on the open road.

No comments: